BRMS Enterprise allows administrators to monitor completed backup operations for their BRMS systems from a central site called an Enterprise Hub. The systems being monitored by the Hub are called Enterprise Nodes. The Enterprise Network is comprised of Nodes that can be stand-alone BRMS systems, part of a BRMS Network or any combination of stand-alone and BRMS Networked systems. Configuration and management of the Nodes are handled through the Hub and does not impact the existing operations of traditional BRMS Networks.
The Hub can monitor Node backup activity in several ways:
- manually run or scheduled
- stored on the Hub
- optionally stored on the Node
- email notifications for report errors
- email reports
- status for backup control group runs
- display and filter the BRMS log
- connectivity status
For a more detailed overview see the BRMS Enterprise Function Enhancements Redpaper.
To get started using BRMS Enterprise, create an Enterprise Network by using one of the following examples:
- BRMS Enterprise is supported through the BRMS on IBM Navigator for i (web) release 7.1 and above. BRMS Enterprise is also supported on IBM System i Navigator (GUI) release 7.1.
- The Hub and the Nodes must all have current base licenses for IBM Backup, Recovery and Media Services for i. The Hub must also have current licenses for the BRMS - Network Feature and BRMS - Advanced Feature options.
- The following PTFs must be applied to all the systems that will be part of the Enterprise Network: 7.2 and later - No PTF is required.
- 7.1 - SI47935 - NOTE: For this release, there will also be language specific PTFs applied for each secondary language on the system.
- 6.1 - SI47934
- V5R4M0 - SI47933
NOTE: As stated in the PTF coverletter for BRMS PTFs:
- All BRMS activity must be stopped while a PTF is being applied and users must signoff and signon before using BRMS after the PTF is applied.
- After a BRMS PTF is applied, IBM System i Navigator (GUI) users should always uninstall and re-install the BRMS plug-in to get the latest level of BRMS code on their PCs.
- After a BRMS PTF is applied, IBM Navigator for i (web) users should always end and re-start the TCP/IP HTTP server to get the latest level of BRMS code for their browsers.
ENDTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP) HTTPSVR(*ADMIN)
STRTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP) HTTPSVR(*ADMIN)