In releases IBM i 6.1 and later, media policies that have the Save to save file field set to *YES will allow independent auxiliary storage pools (IASP) names to be specified for the ASP for save files field.
- In releases IBM i 7.1 and IBM i 6.1, the following PTFs or their superseding PTFs are required:
- The IASP that is specified for the ASP for save files field must have an ASP number in the range 33-99.
- If IASP has a number greater than 99, delete the Q1ABRMSF01 library and create it in the required IASP.
- When performing a backup or recovery using a save file on an IASP, the IASP must be in the name space. The IASP can be added to the name space by using the
SETASPGRP command or adding a *SETASPGRP entry to a control group.
- Ensure that the iASP has been added to the name space of the job that running BRMS maintenance.